Phrasal Verb -GET



1.Get around -- To move from one place to another or person to person
        Ex- He is getting around all parts of the country to motivate people.

2. Get along/on (someone) with -- To have a family relationship
      Ex-I was getting along with him nicely then one day we had a quarrel.

3. Get along/on (something) with -- To make a progress
      Ex- India is getting along with its economy nicely.
4. Get away -- to have a vacation
     Ex--He got away on a vacation
5. Get away with --To do something wrong without being punished
    Ex-- Politicians get away with illegal activities.
6. Get down to -- To give serious attention
       Ex- You must get down to your homework now.
7. Get off -- to leave work
        Ex--How did you get off from work without my permission.
8. Get on-- To make progress
            Ex --Indian economy is not getting on well.
9. Get on to--To detect or trace something.
           Ex-Lets get on to the new challenge.
10.Get rid of -- To throw away
           Ex- I want to get rid of him
11. Get round -- To solve or avoid a problem
            Ex--I need to get round the problems I am facing currently.
12. Get round(someone) -- To persuade someone to do what you want.
           Ex- After hard convincing I got round him to leave the girl.
12. Get through with -- to complete a work
           Ex--I want to get through with my assignment today.
Phrasal Verb -GET Phrasal Verb -GET Reviewed by Vivek Kumar on 8:12:00 PM Rating: 5
author

This post was written by: Vivek Kumar

I am Vivek Kumar founder of Study Wrath. I have been writing articles for more than 10 years. Software and Web developments are my professional and habitual stuffs, I would love to do these all my life. I am an internet geek... I waste a lot of my precious time in searching stuffs on the google..

Get Free Email Updates to your Inbox!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.