Phrasal Verbs --RUN



1. Run across/into -- To meet by chance
           ex- I ran across my old friend in the market place.
2. Run away from -- To try to avoid
           ex - It is useless to run away from every difficult ; some must be faced.
3. Run down -- To criticise, to crush
           ex -- He was run down by the teacher for neglecting his studies
                     A speeding car ran him down.
4. Run down -- To lose power, to allow to decline
           ex -- Due to long hard work, my health has run down.
5. Run into -- To face difficulties 
           ex -- The company has run into a huge loss.
6. Run into  -- To crash against
           ex- Her car ran into a truck headlong
7. Run into -- To face (problem)
            ex - Due to recession the economy of the country has run into severe difficulty.
8. Run into -- To meet by chance
            ex - In the cinema hall I ran into my old friend
9. Run on -- To be concerned with
           ex- My thoughts ran on the plight of the old man again and again.
10. Run out (of) -- To finish the supply of something 
            ex-- I have run out of money these days
11. Run over -- To crush by a vechile
           ex-- He was run over by a speeding car
12. Run over/ through -- To read through quickly 
            ex- Please run over the document before singing it.
13. Run through -- To be present everywhere 
             ex- Anger ran through the entire state against the comment of the leader.




Phrasal Verbs --RUN Phrasal Verbs --RUN Reviewed by Vivek Kumar on 9:21:00 PM Rating: 5
author

This post was written by: Vivek Kumar

I am Vivek Kumar founder of Study Wrath. I have been writing articles for more than 10 years. Software and Web developments are my professional and habitual stuffs, I would love to do these all my life. I am an internet geek... I waste a lot of my precious time in searching stuffs on the google..

Get Free Email Updates to your Inbox!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.